Words are not just words
they are kisses
on the lips of silence
that speak of your essence
~Vesna~

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Autumn Inspiration






Thinking of You by Joseph Mayo Wristen

a leaf falling in the air


from the time it leaves
the branch of the tree
to the time it touches
the ground
I will
have thought of you
my love,
a thousand times

my hand resting
against jagged rock
our life nettled

above velvet clouds
shadow of softness
your mind touching
earth's diverse reflection
whispered

words of love
your image
inherited in my soul
unity of our

two hearts beating
hoping you can feel
the unalloyed love
I possess for you

from the time it leaves
the branch of the tree
to the time it touches
the ground I will
have thought of you
my love,
a thousand times

a leaf falling in the air

6 comments:

zoe said...

beautiful poem...

Vesna said...

I wonder what would you draw thinking of a leaf falling in the air Zoe?

Migue said...

Ohh Veki, you sound like pushing her to make a drawing.. :).
Zoe, I also wonder what you would draw. I'm really curious :).

Sylvia said...

Perfect poem, dear Vesna, thank you!

joseph mayo wristen said...

Hi Vensa, a friend sent me your link thought I say hi and thank you for placing 1 of my poems on your site have a most wonderful day.

zoe said...

hmmmm...i am late to the game...
:)
such a lovely poem to revisit!
so, i am thinking now...
:))