Words are not just words
they are kisses
on the lips of silence
that speak of your essence
~Vesna~

Sunday, September 27, 2009

A walk by Rainer Maria Rilke




My eyes already touch the sunny hill.
going far ahead of the road I have begun.
So we are grasped by what we cannot grasp;
it has inner light, even from a distance-

and charges us, even if we do not reach it,
into something else, which, hardly sensing it,
we already are; a gesture waves us on
answering our own wave...

but what we feel is the wind in our faces.



Translated by Robert Bly



Rainer Maria Rilke

(1875 - 1926 / Prague / Czech Republic)

4 comments:

zoe said...

wow! i had never read this poem by him, and it is perfect! every word belongs, every image is exactly right...
what an inspiration, vesna, thank you so much...

Migue said...

Really nice to read this. You will make me discover poetry, at my age.
You can do miracles :).

I love the new look of you Blog and specially the music. Great choice.

Sylvia said...

I love Rilke and this poem is so beautiful... thank you for sharing, dear Vesna!

Vesna said...

It is so nice to share "A walk" with you my dear friends, glad you like it:)