Words are not just words
they are kisses
on the lips of silence
that speak of your essence
~Vesna~

Friday, February 5, 2010

Glass, small glass, or how to say "I love you" in my way by Miguel Alagarda


Thank you Zoe and Migue for helping me with the translation
and making sure we keep the essence of the poem.
 I will always see Migue in it and his beautiful style, casual and warm.


Glass, small glass, or how to say "I love you" in my way

 
How nice it would be to be able to say a glass, when I mean a glass,
and not say a cup, or even nothing at all.
How nice would it be not to regret what I have not said?
But it happens that sometimes I mean a glass and I say a small glass,
and then I do not have enough and () I regret it.
Or I think of the words I've forgotten and of those I've omitted out of fear,
and when I made a mistake without an intention, accidentally.


And what a cursed mania I have of regretting not having said glass or cup or small glass
when it is too late, because at the moment of truth, it just didn’t come out.
--(And how soon curse me to go back to do exactly the same,)
And what a curse when a bit later it happens to me exactly the same,
and again, and again, shit.
Can you talk?! - I wonder.
Yes, yes I know, but I need time to choose the words.
I'm clumsy, yes.


And not to say glass on time may be serious, but imagine that you don't say on time
"Excuse me", "I'm sorry" or "I love you".
The thing can be silly complicated by a simple unspoken word.




That's why I want to tell you now,
"Excuse me", "I'm sorry", "I love you",
"Excuse me", "I'm sorry", "I love you",
all together for you to remember them and use them,
as if I would be saying them just in the moment you think I need them.
And let me know if you run out of "I love you"'s, or "I'm sorry"'s
I will replace them so you never miss them.
I would die of stupidity if I know that you ever miss my "I love you".
I would die deservedly, like an idiot.

2 comments:

Migue said...

It is a so huge honour.
Thanks, thanks, thanks.
Remember them and use them, and let me know if you ever run out of my "thanks", so I can replace them.
Thanks Veki.

Vesna said...

The honour is really mine:) Thank you my dear Migue:)