Words are not just words
they are kisses
on the lips of silence
that speak of your essence
~Vesna~

Monday, April 12, 2010

Rise



Herbert "Herb" Alpert (born March 31, 1935) is an American musician most associated with the group variously known as Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass, Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass or just TJB.


A New Scent

At first I saw only the bright light, I have sensed something new. My mind couldn't dwell into the beautiful details until the heart didn't send the approval. Or, was it the other way around?
Is it allright to enjoy? May I go on this adventure now, here? How will this change me? Should I warn somebody that I may be gone forever? Shall I be recognized when I come back?
"I can't come back", I said to myself. Time travels only forward, and life just goes on.
So, I have relaxed, and let myself indulge.
It was a new scent.
The scent filled my nostrils and therfore forever changed my breath.
The scent covered my face and changed the way I look.
The scent gently landed on my eyelids and made me close my eyes.
The scent flooded my mind, made it alive.
I felt the scent while it travelled down my spine.
It was powerful like an ocean wave; it was unavoidable like an arrow arched from the birth of the Universe.
My body became the house to the fire, like a volcano. My hair turned red like a lava.
My lips and my heart became one: Speaking of nothing but Love from that moment on.

Vesna

6 comments:

Jean Francois said...

The Beauty of the Universe flows through you, dearest Vesna :)

Magnifique!

:)))

Migue said...

This poem rings the bell to me, witch Vesna.

I can't believe it :).

Sylvia said...

Beautiful poem, my dearest Vesna. A gem in each word... I am wishing you the happiest of birthdays today, my sweet friend. Tender hugs to you :-))

Diane said...

Still stirring in these words and music!
Beautiful!
May a birthday kiss gently land on your eyelid...

Kittie Howard said...

A bit belated, but Happy Birthday, Vesna...hope you day was truly special for you are truly special.

My body became the house to the fire, like a volcano.

Vesna, this is such a powerful line...and so totally expresses that moment when something touches the soul...a crisp morning, a blazing sunset, music that lifts to the heavens....

levent said...

Beautiful ! Thank you Vesna !