Words are not just words
they are kisses
on the lips of silence
that speak of your essence
~Vesna~

Friday, May 28, 2010

At rest



Love Songs
by Sara Teasdale
[1917]
To E.
I have remembered beauty in the night,
Against black silences I waked to see
A shower of sunlight over Italy
And green Ravello dreaming on her height;
I have remembered music in the dark,
The clean swift brightness of a fugue of Bach's,
And running water singing on the rocks
When once in English woods I heard a lark.

But all remembered beauty is no more
Than a vague prelude to the thought of you --
You are the rarest soul I ever knew,
Lover of beauty, knightliest and best;
My thoughts seek you as waves that seek the shore,
And when I think of you, I am at rest.

(Thank you Diane for this poem that you gave me some time ago, I saved it, I love it)



4 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

A beautiful poem, more an ode to the purity that love is. What a gift, Vesna! (And I don't understand why this post showed up on the blogroll and the previous one didn't. Sorry. Will play your musical video again...truly gorgeous!)

Vesna said...

Thank you Kittie, your presence is a wonderful gift to me:)

diane said...

Oh... still one of my favorites, thank you for posting it so I can relive it and thank you for introducing me to this gorgeous music!! xoxo

zoe said...

lovely post...the music is so beautiful, thank you for the introduction! and i love this poem, and i love this photo :D