Words are not just words
they are kisses
on the lips of silence
that speak of your essence
~Vesna~

Monday, May 3, 2010

Fantasy and Forgotten Language

Sarah Chang - Fantasy on Carmen (Excerpt)


Forgotten Language by Shel Silverstein


Once I spoke the language of the flowers,
Once I understood each word the caterpillar said,
Once I smiled in secret at the gossip of the starlings,
And shared a conversation with the housefly
in my bed.
Once I heard and answered all the questions
of the crickets,
And joined the crying of each falling dying
flake of snow,
Once I spoke the language of the flowers. . . .
How did it go?
How did it go?


8 comments:

Jean Francois said...

How did it go?
How did it go?

"I listened..."

:)))

zoe said...

oh, what a cool poem!! great find!
but i know you know how it goes....!

beautiful music, too...

Rosa said...

Very beautiful poem, Vesna!!:) And interesting version of the Carmen. A very nice combination of music and poetry.
Thanks for sharing this with us.

Migue said...

You always make good elections. Nice poem :).

levent said...

Thank you Vesna..Happy Mother's day

Diane said...

I love Shel Silverstein my children grew up with him. The video is really beautiful.
I'm so excited for you this weekend you're such a good mamma with such a loving family I can only imagine what they have in store for you :)

Happy Mothers Day dear Vesna
Love and kisses xoxo

☆sapphire said...

Hello Vesna

I like this lovely poem very much!! Thank you so much! Forgotten languages! We certainly had them once. The music is lovely too!

Kittie Howard said...

Silverstein and Carmen, two greats, beautifully linked...how did it go?...only one who asks knows. Oh, Vesna, but you've got the depth of the ages!