Words are not just words
they are kisses
on the lips of silence
that speak of your essence
~Vesna~

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Messin' Around - Molly Johnson


How much I love Molly? Let me count: 1, 2, 3...:)) What am I counting? There is no measure for her loveliness and charm. Every time I hear her singing or even better see her performing I am bedazzled, enchanted, jazzed to to the bone.
Molly makes me smile, she makes me cry, she takes me places...Her voice is distinctive, husky, sexy, sassy, unforgettable, all of that and more. Her style is laid back, yet she is always fully present, here, with you, now. Truly, you gotta love Molly. I sure do.

I saw her performing with piano player Robi Botos and bass player Mike Downes, they are both absolutely brilliant.

Please, enjoy the music...I promise, it will make you happy:)

Love,
Vesna




Messin' Around
(lyrics C. Ross/M. Johnson)

Take a walk down any street
Take a look at the people you meet
Hurried in their world rushing b
Well hey, they don’t really see, that there is a


Time to take things slow
There’s a time to just get down
There’s a time… for just messing around


Where ya goin
Take a look at the people you meet
Hurried in their world rushing by
Well hey, they don’t really see, that there is a


Time to take things slow
There’s a time to just get down
There’s a time… for just messing around


Time to take things slow
There’s a time to just get down
There’s a time… for just messing around


Everybody’s moving fast
Nothing here is ever gonna last
Things you try to hold and touch
Quickly moove in to the past


Time to take things slow
There’s a time to just get down
There’s a time… for just messing around


Time to take things slow
There’s a time to just get down
There’s a time… for just messing around




Mark Mclean: Drums And Cymbals, Cowbell
Mike Downes: Bass
Andrew Craig: Fender Rhodes
Craig Ross: Guitar
Horn Arrangement: Steven Mackinnon
Background Vocals: Micah Barnes, Billy Newton Davis And Andrew Craig

5 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

VEsna, thank you for introducing me to Molly. You're right, she's awesome!!

I love your poem, espeically how the refrain not only catches the ear but the mind. You so perfectly captured today's busy lifestyle. It's a zoo out there!

Vesna said...

Thank you so much Kittie, I am glad you are open to embrace Molly:)
I wish that 'Messin Around' is my poem but I only own the love for those lyrics:) as you have noticed they are veru contemporary.

Big hugs,
Vesna

Jean Francois said...

Ahhhhh! What can I say about Molly?

She's got that "je ne sais quoi" that makes her irresistible :)

J'adore Molly :)))

Merci Vesna!

Vesna said...

Thank you so much for your visit dear Jean Francois, and Molly for sure adores your Montreal:)

Jean Francois said...

Oh! BTW, Vesna I forgot to say how I love those cute pink slippers on your new blog header :)))

Dreamy...