Words are not just words
they are kisses
on the lips of silence
that speak of your essence
~Vesna~

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Ode to Hope






Akira Murata - wonderful artist from KORIYAMA city..FUKUSHIMA JAPAN

In November 2010 we have exchanged few words. This is what he wrote:

'my city….KORIYAMAcity..FUKUSHIMA JAPAN



very very beautiful area


Lake and river. forest. mountain. and, the sea.


little bit located in the north ..maybe it snows soon'



Dear Akira, I hope with all my heart you are safe...


Ode to Hope


Oceanic dawn
at the center
of my life,
waves like grapes,
the sky's solitude,
you fill me
and flood
the complete sea,
the undiminished sky,
tempo
and space,
seafoam's
white batallions,
the orange earth,
the sun's
fiery waist
in agony,
so many gifts and talents,
birds soaring into their dreams,
and the sea, the sea,
suspended
aroma,
chorus of rich, resonant salt,
and meanwhile,
we men,
touch the water,
struggling
and hoping,
we touch the sea,
hoping.
And the waves tell the firm coast,
"Everything will be fulfilled."




Pablo Neruda



It's a small world, when it trembles somewhere we all shake. I wish I could bring calm to it.
Thanks for visiting this space, I hope you are well. My thoughts are with Japanese people.
Hugs,
Vesna

5 comments:

zoe said...

this is a gorgeous, gorgeous post. I had not read this one before.
hvala puno :)

Migue said...

Nice words Veki.

I wonder what I would do, how would I react, if suddenly everything I've consider important disappears for me and for everybody around... tomorrow.

I wonder... if our project of life is the correct one.

Jean Francois said...

Dear Vesna,

A very touching post and a beautiful gesture on your part.

Your compassionate heart always shines through.

We are again reminded how fragile life is and how important it is to cherish it, each and every day...

diane said...

Beautiful and thoughtful post Vesna <3

☆sapphire said...

Thank you Vesna for this beautiful poem. I love it! It makes me feel so good.