Words are not just words
they are kisses
on the lips of silence
that speak of your essence
~Vesna~

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Oscar Peterson



Happy Birthday Oscar

Peterson wrote pieces for piano, for trio, for quartet and for big band. He also wrote several songs, and made recordings as a singer. Probably his best-known compositions are "Canadiana Suite" and "Hymn to Freedom," the latter composed in the 1960s and inspired by the U.S. civil rights movement.


More

I couldn't ask  for more than a Sphere shape
I couldn't ask for more than Freedom


The Sky is an open book and The Clouds are talking through symbols

I couldn't ask for more than a sequence of Happy Accidents
That spilled into a Milky Way


I couldn't ask for more than a penny
I am a very lucky person


Vesna
Thank you for visiting
Hugs

3 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

Loved this clip! Thanks. Oscar Peterson's compositions always stir my soul.

Vesna said...

Thank you Kitty for visiting, I have added a poem now too! So nice to see you:)

diane said...

Thank you dearest for the introduction and the privilege of your beautiful words! xo